Monday, February 2, 2009

Lanvin Spring 2009


Beautiful! That was my comment when I saw this Lanvin 2009 presentation. Alber Elbaz was spoiling my eyes with many beautiful outfits that have various shapes and silhouettes. Airy shapes in poufy gazar, duchesse satin, georgette, and cloque were crafted from single shots of color in one-shouldered tops, balloon-sleeved blouses, and shifts in which the only feature is an internal drape that adds a miraculously chic fillip to the hip line. As we know, Elbaz always makes very beautiful silhouettes that will make celebrity wanna wear some pieces of Lanvin. There were many loud yet bright colors that was presented such as pink, green, orange and yellow, but also there were many black (which is surprised me), grey and nude color.
As Elbaz said, "Whatever's happening now, it's the end of fake. What's not real will go. What we have to do now is make life easier for women."


One-Shouldered everything was the major trend from this presentation. I love this trend because I always like when a woman showing her shoulder, it’s so sexy instead of showing her boobies. One-shouldered top and one shouldered dress will compliment your stunning figure and make you look sexy without being trashy.


In Lanvin, it’s not just some padded shoulder. Elbaz made some dresses and tops that looked like a quarterback player outfit. I personally don’t really like this trend, because it will make you look like a silly quarterback player. But I give some kudos for the hot pink piece, it rocks though.


Assymetric sillhoutte is Lanvin’s best signature. This season, Elbaz made a lot of beautiful assymetric things. There are assymetric dresses with beautiful draped, assymetric puff sleeves and assymetric top/skirt. It’s so mesmerizing my eyes because I really like this trend. I love the green dress in the first picture above.


It’s good to see some prints and floral embellishment on Lanvin pieces. As we know, Lanvin was always known to make simple pieces with various silhouttes, without over-decorated. But in this collection, Elbaz made some beautiful pieces without being so simple. There were 2 bold leopard-spot print dresses with pink/blue color that he combined with insane crystal-studded sunglasses and there were some of the hottest floral beaded dresses with bejeweled high-heeled sandals. I love the changes in Lanvin as I love the blue top in the last picture above.


This Bejeweled high heels looked so elegant. It's beautiful and at least it’s not “What the hell were they thinking?” heels 

No comments: