Friday, June 26, 2009

Gwen Stefani for Elle July 2009


Gwen Stefani graces the cover of Elle Magazine July 2009 edition wearing a very edgy ensemble of Louis Vuitton.

On being a mother: “It’s one thing when you have an infant, but when you have this two-or three-year-old going, ‘Mommy, what’s the deal?’ it’s harder. Kingston’s whole thing is, ‘I need, I need.’ He is insane right now. We’re just hoping for the best and that he’s not going to turn out to be a freak, but we’ll see.”

On celebrity: “Obviously, I’m not anything more than I am. I’m just, like, totally normal. The fact that any of this has happened, that we’re sitting here at the Beverly Hills Hotel just gets me going, like, What?”
On leaving No Doubt: “Everybody’s making it like there’s all this new tension, you know, like I stepped away from the band and now they’re jealous of me, and look, maybe there is a little bit of that.”

On how her priorities changed from band to family: “I wasn’t even married. Now I’m a wife and a mother of two. It’s a really different role. I always referred to No Doubt as a marriage, because that’s what it’s like to be together for so long and go through what we’ve been through. I can’t really have that relationship with them anymore. My priorities are always going to be my husband and my family now. That’s a huge, huge thing.”

Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 Ready-to-Wear
Louis Vuitton Fall 2009

No comments: